Our Sail Valeting service is a comprehensive cleaning and full overhaul, to allow you trouble free sailing next season. The sails are washed, checked over, faults noted and advised if requested, repaired and folded and stored until you need them.
As part of our comprehensive Valet we:
- Renew sacrificial strips
- Trim flappy leeches
- Re-stitch seams and tablings
- Check all eyelets and slides, hanks and batten fittings for damage or corrosion
- Batten pocket elastic condition is checked. Leech line and cleats are inspected
- Any patching and reinforcement that we fit are Dacron to match your sail weight, and cloth weave direction, these are properly sewn on, not just light weight sticky patches over the damage
- Bolt ropes can be re-tensioned to flatten the sail
- Corners checked for chafe, sail numbers and insignia replaced
- Foam flatteners can be fitted to baggy roller genoa luffs
In fact we reckon that our valeting service is so good, that all the repair works and improvements are guaranteed for two seasons use!
This is dependent on the age of the sail of course but we always advise on the economical replacement date of a sail before carrying out any work. Please phone for a quote, or better still bring the sails in for a free estimate.
Please allow us to quote you for that Cruising Chute ,Fully battened main, or Roller genoa that you considered this season, we come to the yacht to measure up to ensure a perfect fit, and advise free of charge.